Established Anaheim general contractor (dry utilities/high voltage electrical) is looking for an Estimator/Project Manager to join our team. This person must be willing and able to learn about the industry and industry software. You must have attention to detail as this position will require you to read specifications and blueprints and actively use AutoCAD.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1 to 3 years estimating experience (preferred but not required)
- A college degree (AA in Drafting & Design) or work experience
- Must be able to use a computer to access, input and retrieve information
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Outlook), and AutoCAD
- Provide take-offs to Senior Estimator based on plans and specifications and develop CAD drawings from the information provided. Proposals are then created using bidding software
- Strong attention to detail
- Efficient coordination of office activities on assigned projects, including tracking of prospective projects.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Sense of urgency on deadline oriented projects
- The ability to handle issues in a fast paced environment
- The ability to work independently without close supervision
- A strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Requires collaborative team work, within a supportive environment
- Solid references a MUST.
- Maintain a high degree of integrity, loyalty and honesty; cannot divulge to outside parties information of a confidential nature pertaining to the company’s operations or bids.
- A valid driver’s license and a clean motor vehicle record
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Office hours: 7:00am – 4:00pm Mon-Fri
- Associate degree in Drafting and Design
We prefer some experience in the construction industry, but will consider candidates with required educational background. Some training will be provided.